Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing #21 more Google docs...

Google books -- I love this -- right up there with delicious.com! Right off the bat I found a book called Mary's Math Memories . I googled "math children literature" and found a ton of books in full text. I wanted place value, so I searched within this book and found several books, two of which I want to remember: A Place for Zero: A Math Adventure by Angeline LoPresti and Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag. I love teaching through literature, so this will be an often-used website. It even has a place called "My Library" for me to save books that I want to refer to.

Google Earth. I am probably the only one on the planet whose never seen Google Earth before. I just thought it was looking at the Earth through a satellite where you could zoom in and out, kind of like that channel on Dish Network. Good grief. This is amazing. It has stuff about the planets and oceans -- all connected to 4th grade science. Some of the sites even have National Geographic links to watch embedded within the video. How cool will this be to watch on the Promethean Board! I am going to upload/download/paste some links that I want to remember to show my students that connect to our Science SE's on my blog.

1 comment: