Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing 15 Delicious.com

Delicious.com is pretty cool. This was the one I had the most trouble getting to work though. I had to switch from firefox/google to explorer/yahoo and then update my explorer version before it worked for me. I am really stretching way far past my comfort zone as far as figuring things out with technology on this, but I think I have enough of it to get me started. I have tagged several sites, and added two tags for misd23things. When I went to our wiki page though, re: Part 2 of the Learning Activity, I did not see anything of note. What am I supposed to see? What is the best way to add people to my network? I added Kelley Rivera, my colleague who told me several times least year that I would love delicious.com. I managed to find her, but I had to spend some time searching. The directions say "select [names] from the panel that will appear at the bottom of the form" after I add the Firefox Browser add-on (which I figured out) and the bookmarklet too. I am looking for the "click to add new users" way. If anyone knows, please advise. I am at my limit of time and knowledge here. I also added this as an RSS feed -- we'll see what happens with that!

I know I will use this often as I am always searching for online resources. I especially like the nettrekker.com (misd / library / resources -- username and password are mesquite / schools) where you can advanced search promethean / specific topic -- like complete sentences, and you will get a list of promethean ready lessons. That was one I tagged with misd23things. The other was an R-Time lesson idea on the topic of bullying using the teacher read aloud "A Bad Case of Stripes."

Gotta to work in my yard now before it gets too hot. I have spent almost two full days on this "thing", but I know it will be worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I, initially, thought delicious was a little confusing. I agree with your colleague that once you begin using it regularly, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you thought it was confusing at first too. I've already recommended it to several of my colleagues. I think this will be a great PLC tool.

    ReplyDelete