Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #17 Podcasts

Last year, my class made three podcasts from reader's theater scripts. It was just before Christmas, so they all had a Christmas theme. We played the podcasts at our Christmas, oops, Winter Break, party. The students' interest and engagement in the reader's theater was already high, but when we added the podcast, they were really working on their fluence and expression to "act out the part" with their voices. It was a great learning experience for me. Paige Wester and Deanna Ramirez were so awesome in helping me do this. They came out and worked with me and my students while we were learning it. They showed us how to add Garage Band for background music. The students picked it up so fast, so if I forgot something, they remembered! I will definitely use podcasting again for reader's theater. Another teacher I work with uses podcasts for instructions in a center. The students at a center with a laptop can pull up instructions for a center activity while the teacher works with another group. I use centers everyday and will try this myself this upcoming year.

I subscribed to LearnOutLoud.com and downloaded two podcasts: Extraordinary Leadership by Robin Sharma and As a Man Thinketh by James Allen. I subscribed to the RSS feed: Joyce Meyer Radio Podcast. It was easy. The downloads went right to my iTunes library and all I had to do was move it from "Recently Added" into the "Audiobooks" folder I made. I will enjoy this as well. I am truly excited about all the new stuff I'm learning with this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment