Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing 20 Google Docs

For the 1st document I tried a lesson plan idea. I sent it to Brandi, Kelly and Misti hoping that they will input some pretend lesson planning ideas so I can see how this really works. I think this might save us some precious time during the school year, allowing us to spend more time on the why and how questions rather than the what and when stuff.

The 2nd document was a google scrapbook I tried out that sums up the First Steps Math staff development I just finished yesterday. I sent it out as well to four people. It was a little easier than mixbook online scrapbook. The only thing that bothered me was the auto save because my pc would freeze for a few seconds -- but, better that than forgetting to save at all. I tend to like the scrapbook presentations better than power points. They are already decorated. All you have to do is add pics, or in the case of this scrapbook, I deleted down to the last layer of what was already there so it would not be so "busy." I didn't have to waste time picking decorations.

I think my students would enjoy contributing to a classroom scrapbook that we could view at year end parties. I want to find out what I need to be able to upload classroom pics onto my MAC at school. I need a digital camera with a cord to keep in my classroom. Does the tech dept. for our district have cameras to loan out for this?

2 comments:

  1. I was able to view your shared documents. I was also able to edit them. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the scrapbook through the year! I think I'll use that idea in my classroom this year.

    ReplyDelete